- Holds a B.A. in Sociology, a M.A. in Urban Education-World Languages, and a Ed.D. in Educational Technology Leadership, all from New Jersey City University.
- Started her teaching career as an adjunct instructor at Baruch College in New York City, using The Rassias Method.
- Taught middle and high school classes of Spanish for eight years in West Orange Public Schools.
- Have facilitated workshops in conferences such as: AATSP, FLENJ, NECTFL (Best of NJ 2007), MAFLA, NJEA, NJDOE, ACTFL, NJAIS and NNELL.
- Collaborated with the New Jersey Department of Education on the committee for the vetting of the standards for world language teachers, the creation of CAD's (Classroom Application Documents) and the NJ Model Curriculum.
- Continues to be part of the New Jersey City University community as an adjunct profesor in the Modern Languages Department.
- Currently teaches third, fourth and fifth grade classes of Spanish at Dwight Englewood School.
Copyright © 2017 Ericka Collado